POSITION: Program Manager
SALARY: Mid 50's
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 30, 2018
AIDSNET seeks a person to monitor and evaluate services and provide programmatc assistance to providers. Public health and quality management experience ideal. Knowledge of HIV and bilingual a plus. Master's degree preferred. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age or sex.
The Program Manager works with the Executive Director to create a regional system of HIV-related prevention, care and housing programs. She/he helps develop a network of service providers to work toward the existence of a complete continuum of HIV-related services in the six-county region consisting of Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton and Schuylkill.
The Program Manager assists with the development of short and long-range plans, needs assessments, data collection and analysis, and other activities that allow the organization to best identify the true needs of the region.
The Program Manager acts as a liaison between AIDSNET, the PA Department of Health and Program Subrecipients (providers) regarding:
- *Program needs assessments and evaluation
- *Provides technical assistance to meet their identified needs
- *Coordinates training opportunities, as well as special events
- *Coordinates required program and contract monitoring and peer review processes
- *Participates with the Executive Director and committees of the AIDSNET Board of Directors to plan, deliver and evaluate service programs
- *Monitors progress of the regional service delivery system
- *Assists providers with establishing goals and to determine status in attaining objectives
- *Recommends revising outcomes and plans in accordance with current conditions
- *Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of services
- *Facilitates the Provider Advisory Council and any other meetings as needed
- *Maintains contact with representatives of other organizations
- *Networks with other regional fiscal agents to exchange and update information on resources and services available
- *Carries out supervisory responsibilities of Program Specialist in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree preferred, or in lieu of such, comparable progressively responsible experience in related areas or equivalent combination of education and experience. Exhibit a thorough knowledge of management principles and practices. Exhibit the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, Board Members, staff, government officials, business people and general public.
Possess the ability to read and interpret highly technical information, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Must possess highly developed written and oral communication skills including grant writing. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Ability to research, interpret and analyze statistical data.
Ability to define abstract problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Possess the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical information in organizational systems, epidemiology and abstract/concrete variables. Ability to analyze, evaluate, implement and resolve complex policy and administrative duties.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Have a working knowledge and understanding of the Federal and State Public Health systems.
Possess knowledge of computers and software, proficiency in email and web browsing.
The work environment is smoke free. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Submit resume to:
31 South Commerce Way, Suite 400
Bethlehem, PA 18017-8992
- Or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please!